The Scrape was formed as a result of the First Siege of Absalom in 23 AR. At the beginning of the war, the minotaur warlord Voradni Voon constructed the Brazen Arch, a teleportation portal, to bring his armies of minotaurs, centaurs, and harpies from distant Casmaron to the Isle of Kortos. The hooves of over 10,000 centaurs thundered across the eastern plains causing destruction with their seismic magic until the god Aroden turned it back on them. Voon, the Arch, and countless of his minions toppled into deep rifts that opened in the ground, destroying the army and ending the siege. The devastated landscape left behind by this attack became known as the Scrape. Many of the surviving minotaurs fled into the nearby Riven Hills, while the harpy survivors fled higher into the Kortos Mounts.
Places of interest
- Tanya DePass, James Jacobs, Lyz Liddell, et al. (2019). World Guide, p. 21. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-172-6
- Tanya DePass, James Jacobs, Lyz Liddell, et al. (2019). World Guide, p. 13. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-172-6
- Logan Bonner et al. (2019). Pathfinder Core Rulebook, p. 420. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-168-9
- Tanya DePass, James Jacobs, Lyz Liddell, et al. (2019). World Guide, p. 20. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-172-6
- John Compton et al. (2019). Character Guide, p. 60. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-193-1