|Thassilonian sin||Not applicable|
|Spell list||Divination spells|
Source: Core Rulebook, pg(s). 210
Divination is one of the eight schools of magic practiced on Golarion. It deals with the uncovering of mysteries, fortune-telling, and the perceiving of places and people at a distance. Wizards who specialize in this form of magic are known as diviners.
- See also: Category:Diviners
Diviners are often found in the company of leaders and the military, as their magics allow them to glean information about enemies and discover the presence of spies, assassins, or plots against them. Pharasma, the goddess of fate and prophecy, is the patron of diviners.
With the advent of the Age of Lost Omens over a century ago, the reputation of diviners and soothsayers has been diminished. One of the strongest and most-dearly held prophesies held by humans of the Inner Sea region was that the god Aroden would return in 4606 AR and usher in the Age of Glory. With his death and the breaking of the prophecy, all such long-term prognostications on Golarion have ceased to come true.
Divination is the most recently recognized school of magic and did not exist during the reign of the runelords of ancient Thassilon. It therefore is the only school not associated with a sin in the practice of sin magic.
- See also: Category:Diviners
- Kreighton Shaine, Master of Scrolls in the Pathfinder Society
- Elias Tammerhawk, speaker of the Order of Ciphers in Riddleport
- Lord Villastir, noble of Queen Telandia Edasseril's court in Kyonin
Scrying is a specialized form of divination magic that creates an invisible sensor that relays information back to the caster about a specific location, object, or person. This sensor generally has the same sensory acuity as the caster. It can be blocked by lead sheeting and various forms of defensive magic.
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook (1E), p. 80. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-150-3
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 190. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 166. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 53. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Wolfgang Baur. (2007). The History of Thassilon. Burnt Offerings, p. 74-76. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-035-3
- Tim Hitchcock, Erik Mona, James L. Sutter, and Russ Taylor. (2009). Seekers of Secrets: A Guide to the Pathfinder Society, p. 12. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-178-7
- James Jacobs, F. Wesley Schneider, Amber Scott, & Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Second Darkness, p. 20. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-142-8
- J.D. Wiker. (2008). A Memory of Darkness. A Memory of Darkness, p. 8-9. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-130-5
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook (1E), p. 210. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-150-3