Called to Darkness, a Pathfinder Tales novel by Richard Lee Byers, was released in December 2012.
|| Kagur is a warrior of the Blacklions, fierce and fearless hunters in the savage Realm of the Mammoth Lords. When her clan is slaughtered by a frost giant she considered her adopted brother, honor demands that she, the last surviving Blacklion, track down her old ally and take the tribe's revenge. Yet this is no normal betrayal, for the murderous giant has followed the whispers of a dark god down into the depths of the earth, into a primeval cavern forgotten by time. There, he will unleash forces capable of wiping all humans from the region—unless Kagur can stop him first.
Called to Darkness features the following characters:
- Chapter 1 The Last Feast (9)
- Chapter 2 Stand Up and Walk (23)
- Chapter 3 A Guest of the Fivespears (31)
- Chapter 4 The Sword of the Blacklions (43)
- Chapter 6 Into the Tusks (61)
- Chapter 7 The Earthnavel (73)
- Chapter 11 The Face and the Altar (103)
- Chapter 12 Sekamina (111)
- Chapter 13 The Lady Ssa (125)
- Chapter 14 The Tombs of the Serpentfolk (129)
- Chapter 15 The Centipede (137)
- Chapter 16 The Orc Child (145)
- Chapter 20 The Dragonfly Tribe (193)
- Chapter 21 Flint and Feathers (199)
- Chapter 22 Council of War (213)
- Chapter 23 The Skulltakers (223)
- Chapter 24 The Black Jungle (233)
- Chapter 25 Old Scar (245)
- Chapter 26 On the Water (261)
- Chapter 27 The Ziggurat (275)
- Chapter 28 The Chamber of Spikes (289)
- Chapter 29 The Heart of the Pyramid (301)
- Chapter 30 The Ancient Armory (317)
- Chapter 31 The Slaves (327)
- Chapter 32 The Last Dream (343)
- Chapter 34 The Battle (375)
- Chapter 35 The Farewell (389)
- For an alphabetical listing of all the relevant terms in this story, please visit its Index.
The events of Called to Darkness occur after those of the Pathfinder Tales web fiction entitled In Red Rune Canyon.