"The Shroud of Four Silences", a serialized novella by Liane Merciel, was released as Pathfinder Tales fiction via web and email beginning in November 2020. It is the first Pathfinder Tales web fiction story published since the conclusion of Crisis of Faith in July 2015, and a tie-in to the Second Edition Pathfinder Beginner Box, Troubles in Otari Pathfinder Adventure, and Abomination Vaults Adventure Path. It was released as an ePub in March 2021.
|“||For Wendlyn, the coastal logging town of Otari provides more opportunities for mischief than true adventures, but that's about to change. When she and her friend Eleukas, a member of the village guard, stumble across a horrible accident on the outskirts of town, they soon find themselves embroiled in a mystery that will take them far beyond the safety of their hometown. With the help of Wendlyn's sister—an acolyte of the goddess of healing—and an unlikely goblin ally, the young heroes are all that stands in the way of a sinister plot that could impact not just Otari, but the entire world.
From fan-favorite author Liane Merciel (Nightglass, Nightblade, and Hellknight) comes a gritty tale of fledgling adventurers taking their first steps into a dangerous world, set in the award-winning world of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Originally published in serialized form in Paizo's weekly newsletter.
"The Shroud of Four Silences" contains the following chapters.
- "Work Detail" - November 5, 2020 - link
- "Oddities" - November 12, 2020 - email
- "Dawnflower's Blessing" - November 19, 2020 - email
- "Gambler's Curse" - November 26, 2020 - email
- "The Redpitch Grove" - December 3, 2020
- "The Last Gullcracker" - December 10, 2020
- "Stone Ring Pond" - December 17, 2020
- "Welcoming Hands" - December 24, 2020
- "The Warren" - December 31, 2020
- "Collapse" - January 7, 2021
- "Four Faces of Evil" - January 16, 2021
- "Inkboil Spring" - January 21, 2021
- "Behind the Mask" - January 28, 2021
"The Shroud of Four Silences" features the following characters: