- This article is about the Pathfinder Tales short story. For information about the weapon, see bastard sword.
"Bastard, Sword", a short story by Tim Pratt, was released as Pathfinder Tales web fiction in March 2013 as a tie-in and scene-setter to Pratt's novel Liar's Blade, released the previous month. The story was compiled and released in ebook format in October 2013.
|| Betrayed by his companion and robbed of everything down to his boots, Rodrick wakes to find himself in the very tomb he meant to rob. Fortunately, Rodrick can still turn a profit—he just needs to slip past a slumbering linnorm, retrieve a talking sword with a wit as sharp as its blade, and return in one piece to his employer. Yet a talking sword may have goals of its own...
- "Ill Met by Torchlight" - March 6, 2013 - link
- "Serpent and Bow" - March 13, 2013 - link
- "Rich Man's Crusade" - March 20, 2013 - link
- "Illusions of Ice" - March 27, 2013 - link
"Bastard, Sword" features the following characters:
- For an alphabetical listing of all the relevant terms in this story, please visit its Index.
The events of 'Bastard, Sword' occur after those of the web fiction 'A Tomb of Winter's Plunder', but before those of the novel, Liar's Blade.