|Titles|| The Whispers Within,|
Lord of Transformation
|Areas of Concern|| Alchemy|
|Worshipers||Alchemists, drow, non-werewolf lycanthropes, shapechangers|
|Domains||Artifice, Chaos, Evil, Strength|
|Subdomains||Construct, Demon, Resolve, Toil|
|Favored Weapon||Battle axe|
|Sacred Colors||Gold, lead gray|
|Images of Haagenti|
Source: Lords of Chaos, pg(s). 16
Amongst some there is a theory that Haagenti is the most reasonable and least destructive of the demon lords due to his numerous helpful creations, the most famous being the Philosopher's Stone which transmutes lead into gold; this wondrous item is used as his unholy symbol. This perception of his urbanity is, in fact, a deliberate ruse: Haagenti is just as evil and destructive as any other demon. That he creates seemingly useful wondrous alchemic devices is just how he influences society. Haagenti is responsible for the creation of powerfully destructive items, such as the demonic Retriever and the secrets of the drow's fleshwarping magic. Lesser creations, like alchemist's fire, are potent destructive weapons.
Haagenti's form is much like his favoured practice of alchemy, a mutable and ever changing thing. On the rare occasions when Haagenti actually interacts with his worshippers he appears as a member of their race, and as such has a huge number of favoured forms. His true form is that of a demonic, winged, bull-like monster, but he appears in this form only in battle.
Cult and worshippers
- James Jacobs. (March 10, 2011). Comment on Ask James Jacobs ALL your Questions Here, Paizo messageboards. Inferred here from Jacobs's statement on Apsu: "The reference to a creation domain is a holdover from 3.5. It's been replaced by the Artifice domain. Apsu should thus grant the Artifice domain instead of the "Creation" domain."
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 246. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 16. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0
- Jeff Grubb. (2008). Drow of Golarion. The Armageddon Echo, p. 58. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-128-2
- J.D. Wiker & Darrin Drader. (2008). Abominations of the Drow. Endless Night, p. 58. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-129-9
- Todd Stewart, Brandon Hodge, and Steve Kenson. (2011). Undead Revisited, p. 44. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-303-3
- Todd Stewart. (2009). The Great Beyond: A Guide to the Multiverse, p. 29. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-167-1
- James Jacobs. (2009). Demon Lords of Golarion. Descent into Midnight, p. 58. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2
- John Compton, Adam Daigle, Amanda Hamon Kunz, et al. (2017). Book of the Damned, p. 57. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-970-7
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2008). Zirnakaynin. Endless Night, p. 51. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-129-9
- Haagenti (real-world demon) on Wikipedia