- it rises in pretty much the middle of county Barstoi;
- after a few miles the river is significant enough to act as the boundary between the counties of Barstoi and Ardeal;
- it then passes the point where the three counties of Ardeal, Barstoi and Odranto meet: their tripoint
- and then marks the border between Ardeal and Barstoi;
- the River of Scales then flows past the bountiful, Ardealian settlement of Berus on its southern bank;
- flow then turns southwards to meet its tributary, the Carew River;
- the river then arcs around in a 'U' shape ending up flowing north-westwards when it meets the major Vhatsuntide River, where the River of Scales becomes one of that vast river's many tributaries.