|Titles||County of Caliphas|
|Ruler||Prince Aduard Ordranti III|
Source: Rule of Fear, pg(s). 16
The large county of Caliphas is the most southerly of the thirteen modern counties of Ustalav and is one of the counties in the Soivoda region. The vast majority of its borders are natural: Avalon Bay provides the south-eastern edge; the Path River marks the international border between Caliphas and Lastwall; the Carabosse River and Lake Raiteso provide most of the border with the county of Amaans to the north-west; this border is completed by an agreed demarcation line through the Hungry Mountains to the north; and, finally, the Danver River marks the eastern border of Caliphas with its neighbouring county of Versex.
The city of Caliphas
The heart of county Caliphas has always been the city that bears its name, the city of Caliphas; some even say the city of Caliphas is the very soul of Ustalav. Recently, in 4674 AR, Caliphas ascended to become the nation's capital city demoting Ardis to being a provincial backwater.
Resting on the shores of Lake Encarthan allows Caliphas to take full advantage of that massive trade route and, as a consequence, Caliphas is a rich city, some might even say decadent. The city is also very cosmopolitan—a relative rarity in suspicious Ustalav—with many travellers visiting from foreign parts; some of these visitors never leave, their disappearances rarely noticed by the population.
The county of Caliphas still maintains much of its rustic heritage being home to agriculture and numerous peat farms. The county is home to many small communities most of which nestle near the Droa or Raiteso rivers. As well as traditional rural industries, Caliphas is also the home of many vineyards, perfumeries and alabaster quarries which specialise in providing luxury goods to the rich of the capital city.
Ustalav hosts a large naval force within Castle Golbanze to stage patrols across Lake Encarthan. Led by Admiral Marris Riddian, the navy protects Ustalav's coast from lake pirates, aquatic monsters, and seafaring Razmiran zealots. Several of the most famed and infamous ships and captains include Captain Almira "Cardinal" Perine's Devilfish, Captain Liald Gaspair's Princess Maraet, and Captain Leos Tailor's Indomitable.
- Rob Lazzaretti. (2011). Carrion Crown Poster Map Folio, Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-306-4
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 141. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2011). Rule of Fear, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-301-9
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 191. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2011). Caliphas. Ashes at Dawn, p. 62. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-312-5
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2011). Caliphas. Ashes at Dawn, p. 63. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-312-5