The Graidmere Swamp is a rank, mosquito-infested place of strange magic, gnarled trees, monuments entwined in vines, and the outcast and solitary among intelligent creatures. It is a constant of strangeness for the people of Karcau and its surrounding county and thus shunned by most in the surrounding civilized regions.
It is home to a variety of misfits and swamp creatures:
- xenophobic human communities variously called 'swampers', 'leechfolk', or 'swampfolk'. They are generally a cross-breed of marsh-dwelling Kellids and Varisians;
- criminals on the run;
- followers of esoteric magic;
- insane followers of the Old Cults who see the Graidmere as a place where communication with their alien masters is made easier;
- Swamp creatures such as: swamp pigs, sharp-eared vine cats, marsh snakes, giant bats, fungal crawlers, and gloomwings; these creatures are known to plague the surrounding farms.
Places of Note
- Rob Lazzaretti. (2011). Carrion Crown Poster Map Folio, Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-306-4
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2011). Rule of Fear, p. 24. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-301-9
- Mark Moreland. (2011). Carrion Crown Player's Guide, p. 6f. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2011). Rule of Fear, p. 56. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-301-9