Wati, the Half-City was the largest of the trio of cities in southern Osirion until its population was ravaged by the Plague of Madness in 2499 AR. The contagion was conjured and spread by the cult of Lamashtu, taking advantage of the religious conflict raging across Garund during this period. Wati was slowly abandoned by the surviving population. In 2953 AR, the priesthood of Pharasma established a major temple and consecrated the city in the memory of the murdered dead, setting aside the abandoned sections of Wati in their honor. In the past thousand years, the living section of the city has expanded and the abandoned part is now less than a fourth of its overall area. The abandoned sections of the town are largely inaccessible due to local stigma, and adventurers with the blessing of Pharasma's clergy sometimes target the area. The city of Wati was originally founded in -1608 AR by Djederet II during the First Age of Osirion.
- ↑ A large poster map of Wati is included in this product: Rob Lazzaretti & Ben Wootten. (2014). Mummy's Mask Poster Map Folio, Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-599-0
- ↑ Jason Eric Nelson & Todd Stewart. (2008). Osirion, Land of Pharaohs, p. 15. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-144-2
- ↑ Alex Greenshields, Amanda Hamon, Jonathan H. Keith, Ron Lundeen, and David N. Ross. (2014). Osirion, Legacy of Pharaohs, p. 6. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-595-2
|Wati, the Half-City|