The Grand Convocation is the annual celebration of the Pathfinder Society held at its worldwide headquarters in the Grand Lodge of Absalom. Pathfinders journey here from all across the region and beyond to exchange stories of past journeys and discoveries, engage in friendly competition, and build connections. As the event acts as a celebration of the Society's greatest achievements, it has become a focus for its enemies, who frequently stage attacks during that time.
At the first Grand Convocation in 4308 AR, held at a nearby bar called the Wounded Wisp, attendees decided that "Explore, Report, Cooperate" would become the Society's official motto. By the second Grand Convocation in 4309 AR, attendance had grown to include 150 field agents and 30 venture-captains, and members were exhorted to increase the Society's membership by each recruiting two new candidates before the next event. By 4314 AR, the Pathfinder Society membership had grown to 500 active agents and 30 venture-captains, and it was clear that the Wounded Wisp would no longer serve as a venue for the Grand Convocation. A search was made for a new site and it was discovered that the Blakros Museum would accomodate the growing numbers. The museum's owners, the Blakros family, agreed to host the Grand Convocation on the condition that it would become the sole place where the Society publically displayed the countless artifacts its members discovered. This agreement led to the Museum becoming the Society's long-term ally and a base of its operations, a relationship that continues to the present day.
Creation of the Pathfinder Chronicles
As membership continued to grow, and Pathfinders ventured farther and farther abroad, it no longer became viable for every Pathfinder to return to Absalom for the Grand Convocation. They instead submitted their annual reports in writing, with their accountings read aloud by designated representatives. These absentee submissions were eventually collected and gathered into tomes that became the first Pathfinder Chronicles.
Attacks during Convocations
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Tanya DePass, James Jacobs, Lyz Liddell, Ron Lundeen, Liane Merciel, Erik Mona, Mark Seifter, and James L. Sutter. (2019). Lost Omens World Guide, p. 17. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-172-6
- Kate Baker et al. (2020). Lost Omens Pathfinder Society Guide, p. 65. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-278-5
- Kate Baker et al. (2020). Lost Omens Pathfinder Society Guide, p. 8-9. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-278-5
- Jim Groves. (2015). Siege of Serpents, p. 6-39. Paizo Inc.
- Kyle Elliott, Chris Jarvis, et al. (2012). Grand Convocation 4712, p. 48-60. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- Kate Baker et al. (2020). Lost Omens Pathfinder Society Guide, p. 13. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-278-5