|This section is a stub. You can help us by .|
Collection of works
- See also: List of written works
As one of the greatest sources of knowledge in the Inner Sea region, the district watch—known as the Learned Guard—jealously protects the library's scrolls, documents, tomes, and other written works. Absalom's Grand Council forbids the removal of any text from the library (as outlined in the Founding Law), except by unanimous agreement.
The collection is bolstered by a Grand Council order requiring that every book brought into the city either be copied for the library or taxed a silver per page. Although enforcement of this law is haphazard, it has been quite profitable for the city both in gold and knowledge. Brivit Nae, the Head Librarian and Conservator of the Logos, also orders two copies made of all works requested by patrons. Under her management, the Logos's collection has grown by 2 percent—a significant rate considering the library's collection dates back more than 4,000 years.
The Logos also hosts archives of items and relics, many of which are classified as unconfirmed or unidentified and are stored in sub-basements at least three levels deep beneath the library.
List of collected works and items
The Forae Logos holds written lore dating back to 400 AR. The following works and objects are known to be among the tens of thousands of items in the Logos's collection. Many of these are reported in letters from Curator of Apocrypha Djavin Vhrest to his fellow faculty:
- Accounts of the Lost Angel by Lady Saphon Laghanni, which Vhrest suspects contains a coded message
- An astralabe, catalogued as being of "Ninshabur Origins, Circa 1000 AR"
- Book of Serpents, Ash, and Acorns: Shadows of What Was and Will Be, a tome made of compacted ash detailing Seraph's Ladder
- The Burgundy Bowl by Yisme the Candler, a book of subtle Kuthite propaganda
- Chronicle of the Cantorian Spring, a book of ancient Elven text scribed on living leaves that require watering and cultivation
- The Divers Folios, deemed to be mostly a false copy of the Book of the Damned save for three folios
- Dwarven Smear by Gaspard Vocci, a racist rant that contains at least 14 encoded dwarf poisons
- Fourteen Pages of Rain by Quan Quan, which depicts an unusual view of Castrovel
- Gird, a self-aware intelligent book attempting to escape the Logos and travel to Oppara
- Sixteen harrow decks
- History of the True Art by Jackdaw, a book on Ralzeros the Overwatched
- Fourteen copies of Hunter's Moon by Ailson Kindler, one of which features a hidden skip code its printer claims is an error
- Libram of Forgotten Dreams, a book containing rituals concerning the Dimension of Dreams
- A shard of an Orb of Dragonkind, purportedly part of a gift from Mengkare to Eltembren
- A forgery of Pathfinder Chronicles, Volume 5 with directions to dangerous sites
- The Red Shining Star by Father Scepter, a children's book containing precise tracings of Asmodean Monographs
- The Romance of the Cooper and the Hen Handler by Lord Lonteirre Jeanvar II
- A rubbing of the Shield of Aroden, potentially depicting all 12 pieces
- The skull of a Shark Island iguanadon, misidentified as the skull of Kazavon
- Viceroy by Dardral the Lesser, illuminated with mind-affecting alchemical formulae
- The Words of Voxkel the Reader by Voxva, containing words that can grant and revoke the reader's literacy
- A Zenj bark etching depicting a circle of nine creatures, unusual as most similar etchings depict 10
Unconfirmed, unknown, or untitled works
- #42,003, burned fragments of Secrets of the Dreaming Dark
- #42,466, an elaborate riffle scroll
- #42,880, a bear permanently polymorphed into a book
The Forae Logos is also home to the Scrivener's Guild, which cares for the books in exchange for free access to the library.
The Learned Guard is housed in buildings around the library, and while they are responsible for protecting the entire district, their mandate requires them to protect the Forae Logos above all else.
Among those serving under Head Librarian Brivit Nae are: 
- Irranda Liassheir, Antiquities
- Djavin Vhrest, Apocrypha; an expert on the Book of the Damned
- Nadine Vives, Impossible Texts
- Owen K.C. Stephens. (2008). Guide to Absalom, p. 44. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-141-1
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2012). Artifacts & Legends, p. 2. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-458-0
- Owen K.C. Stephens. (2008). Guide to Absalom, p. 55. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-141-1
- Erik Mona, Mark Moreland, Russ Taylor, and Larry Wilhelm. (2011). Pathfinder Society Field Guide, p. 10. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-305-7
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2014). Occult Mysteries, p. 2. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-649-2
- Judy Bauer et al. (2014). Lost Treasures, p. 16. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-703-1
- Tyler Beck, Jason Garrett, Alex Greenshields, and David Schwartz. (2014). Belkzen, Hold of the Orc Hordes, p. 9. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-710-9
- James F. MacKenzie. (2011). Echoes of the Overwatched, p. 5. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- Robert Brookes. (2015). The Blakros Connection, p. 15. Paizo Inc.
- Todd Stewart. (2011). Horsemen of the Apocalypse, p. 3, 63. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-373-6