|Region||Archduchy of Longmarch|
|Demographics||13,400 humans, 750 halflings, 250 tieflings, 56 other|
|Ruler||Lord-Mayor Tareth Ivici|
|Leader||Admiral Anabeth Grinceen of Fort Gorthoklek|
Source: Cheliax, The Infernal Empire, pg(s). 23-25
Hinji is ruled by Lord-Mayor Tareth Ivici, who earned the title by eliminating or exiling the rest of his dishonored noble family and petitioning Queen Abrogail II. Lord-Mayor Ivici claims the Queen granted him the devil Ivirno as an advisor, a claim some in town believe is a ruse borne of a disguised tiefling.
Once a wealthy city and home to several Chelish noble families, Hinji—like many other old Chelish cities—was torn apart when its nobles chose sides during the Chelish Civil War. When Tareth Ivici maneuvered his way to the seat of lord-mayor, he quickly clashed with the city's other authorities.
Hinji is home to Fort Gorthoklek, a large Chelish naval base on the western end of the city harbor under the command of Admiral Anabeth Grinceen. The base trains recruits and officers, and Admiral Grinceen worries that Lord-Mayor Ivici's lax rule over the city's criminal elements results in her officers compromising themselves.
A new drug has become popular in Hinji as of late: ice tears. A powerful hallucinogenic, ice tears causes increased euphoria in the user, and increased resistance to cold. The drug is especially common among the city's fishermen, and some believe that it is brought to Hinji by Garundi smugglers. Others doubt this theory, believing it to be a local product distilled by wizards from the blood of daemons. Whatever its origin, ice tears use has grown in the past few years, and it seems to only be a matter of time before its spreads to other parts of Cheliax. The supply and distribution of the drug in Hinji is controlled by a cartel known as the Sons of the Tear, which has grown so powerful that it operates nearly unchecked by the city guard.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 69. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Amanda Hamon Kunz, Ron Lundeen, and Mark Moreland. (2015). Cheliax, The Infernal Empire, p. 23-25. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-799-4
- Amanda Hamon Kunz, Ron Lundeen, and Mark Moreland. (2015). Cheliax, The Infernal Empire, p. 24. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-799-4
- Amanda Hamon Kunz, Ron Lundeen, and Mark Moreland. (2015). Cheliax, The Infernal Empire, p. 25. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-799-4
- Jonathan H. Keith, Colin McComb, Steven E. Schend, Leandra Christine Schneider, and Amber E. Scott. (2009). Cheliax, Empire of Devils, p. 13. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-191-6