|Titles||The Grey Polychrome|
|Home||Plane of Earth|
|Areas of Concern|| Gems|
|Domains||Community, Earth, Luck, Trickery|
|Subdomains||Caves, Deception, Fate, Thievery|
|Favored Weapon||Light hammer|
|Symbol||Seven-pipped gem die|
|Sacred Colors||Gray, red|
|Images of Nivi Rhombodazzle|
Source: Faiths of Golarion, pg(s). 46–51
Nivi was once an ordinary mortal gnome with a penchant for gambling and games of chance. She was not addicted to winning so much as playing the game. Unfortunately, this attitude led her to owe a lot of money to a lot of people, which eventually forced her to flee from some of her more powerful creditors.
She eventually found her way into the Darklands, where she was amazed by the wonders and incredible sights contained therein. She became the first deep gnome to stave off the effects of the Bleaching by fully embracing her new life below the surface of Golarion.
Scholars have speculated that Nivi Rhombodazzle is somehow responsible for the population of gnomes native to the Material Plane. One theory suggests the first such gnomes were tricked into passing through a temporary breach from the First World, and the culprit might have been Nivi.
Nivi is widely worshiped among svirfneblin, but only a few surface gnomes—most of whom are adventurers who regularly deal with the deep gnomes—even know of her divinity. Gnomes in danger of succumbing to the bleaching might also follow Nivi in hopes of finding inspiration in pursuit of chance. Gamblers and other roguish folk of any race might also carry her holy symbol in homage to her, if not in worship.
Nivi is a goddess of community, and her worshipers organize into tight-knit, distinct groups with their own greetings and traditions. Among her churches are the Cult of the Shining Diamond and the Blue Twilight.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Sean K Reynolds. (2008). Gods and Magic, p. 50–51. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-139-8 As a godling.
- Benjamin Bruck, et al. (2015). Inner Sea Races, p. 86. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-722-2
- Sean K Reynolds et al. (2014). Inner Sea Gods, p. 184. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-597-6
- Robert Brookes et al. (2018). Planar Adventures, p. 132. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-044-6 As a demigoddess.
- Colin McComb. (2011). Faiths of Purity, p. 20. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-314-9 As a godling.
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2014). Occult Mysteries, p. 11. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-649-2
- Colin McComb et al. (2010). Gnomes of Golarion, p. 25. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-223-4
- Sean K Reynolds et al. (2014). Inner Sea Gods, p. 268. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-597-6
- Sean K Reynolds. (2008). Gods and Magic, p. 59. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-139-8