Denebrum is one of the Vaults of Orv—the deepest layer of the Darklands—hidden under northwestern Avistan: Varisia. It is bordered by Deep Tolguth to the east, Ilvarandin to the south, and the Sightless Sea to the west. It is the home of a race of truly ancient, gigantic worm-like creatures known as neothelids.
Denebrum consists of swamps and forests of fungi, growing out of mud and stagnant water. Each neothelid lives alone from its fellows in a towering, twisted spire of stone and resin known as a hive; each is served by fanatical seugathi minions.
Denebrum is dominated by the neothelids, an ancient race that once fought the Vault Keepers and alghollthus for control of the Darklands, but now seem to be in decline. Neothelids can be found elsewhere in the Darklands, but the vast majority of them live here.
At one time, the expansionist intellect devourers of Ilvarandin sought to extend their territory into Denebrum. The neothelids drove them out and, 500 years ago, decided to counter-attack. There are now seugathi forces camped in northern Ilvarandin, and it is not clear whether the intellect devourers will be able to defeat them.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- James Jacobs and Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Into the Darklands, p. 46. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-140-4
- Robert Brookes, Thurston Hillman, Brandon Hodge, Thomas M. Reid, and Mark Seifter. (2015). Occult Realms, p. 25. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-794-9
- James Jacobs and Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Into the Darklands, p. 48. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-140-4
- Robert Brookes, Eleanor Ferron, Michelle Jones, Alex Riggs, and Nicholas Wasko. (2017). Heroes of the Darklands, p. 23. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-936-3
- Tim Hitchcock, Brandon Hodge, Michael Kortes, Jason Nelson, Russ Taylor. (2011). Lost Cities of Golarion, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-272-2