Deep Tolguth is the northern-most region of Orv in the Inner Sea region. It is located miles beneath the surface, stretching from the western borders of the Realm of the Mammoth Lords through the Worldwound to Mendev. It may once have had a direct connection to the Mammoth Lord settlement of Tolguth via the Earthnavel, but if so, the tunnels have long since collapsed.
The realm is a vast cavern, lit by a brightly glowing light in the centre of its ceiling, two miles off the ground. The light burns for 12 hours each day before disappearing completely. The cavern's "night" is not completely dark, however, as the ceiling is also studded with numerous glowing crystals which give off a glow reminiscent of starlight.
Its interior terrain consists primarily of jungles, lakes, and swamps, whilst the ground at its perimeter rises like mountain slopes. Warring tribes of primitive humans and orcs live in the "mountains".
An immensely powerful orc cleric devoted to the Lord in Iron Murrog One-Ear seeks a set of magical skulls that would allow her to widen the Earthnavel and allow the huge beasts of Deep Tolguth to reach and rampage across the surface of Golarion.
Cities of onyx and porphyry can be found on the shores of the central lakes. It is not clear who built them, but they are now inhabited by a troglodyte species called xulgaths. These troglodytes are more technologically advanced than those found elsewhere in Golarion, but no less cruel. The xulgath capital has a 900-foot-tall ziggurat situated directly beneath the "sun"; possibly there is some connection between this and the troglodytes' unusual intelligence. Xulgaths enslave nearby humanoids (except troglodytes, which they kill on sight) and tame Deep Tolguth's beasts to serve them.
Expeditions to Deep Tolguth
- James Jacobs and Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Into the Darklands, p. 6. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-140-4
- James Jacobs and Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Into the Darklands, p. 46. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-140-4
- James Jacobs and Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Into the Darklands, p. 47-48. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-140-4
- Benjamin Bruck, Jason Bulmahn, Amanda Hamon, et al. (2013). Mythic Realms, p. 33. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-567-9
- Josh Colon et al. (2015). Occult Bestiary, p. 61. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-767-3
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 106. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2