Source: The Brinewall Legacy, pg(s). 24ff.
Brinewall is an abandoned settlement and castle (see Brinewall Castle) built during the early part of the Chelish expansion into Varisia (see Everwar). Situated in northwestern Varisia where the Steam River flows into the Bunyip Bay, it was designed to encourage trade with, and fend off attacks from, raiders of the Lands of the Linnorm Kings.
Construction on Brinewall Castle began in 4442 AR, but quickly ran into troubles. It was plagued by funding problems and building delays, and was not completed until 4469 AR. The militia who patrolled Brinewall defended their keep remarkably until 4687 AR. The Frozen Shadows overran Brinewall, killing the entire population in less than an hour, but leaving most buildings intact. Their involvement was never discovered, and plenty of blame was passed around.
- Rob Lazzaretti. (2011). Inner Sea Poster Map Folio, p. 1. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- James L. Sutter. (2007). Varisia. The Hook Mountain Massacre, p. 61. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-038-4
- James Jacobs. (2011). The Brinewall Legacy. The Brinewall Legacy, p. 24. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-361-3
- James Jacobs. (2011). The Brinewall Legacy. The Brinewall Legacy, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-361-3
- Elaine Cunningham, with Dave Gross. (2010). Winter Witch, p. 183. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-286-9