Source: Guide to Korvosa, pg(s). 7
Built beneath a fortress, Baslwief was chartered in 4563 AR by Jayden Baslwief, a cartographer and surveyor from Harse who thought the open, flat riverbank would in the foothills of the Fenwall would make an excellent spot for a settlement. After receiving the charter from the Korvosan government, Jayden Baslwief brought out his friends and family to form the nucleus of the town's population.
Economy and defense
Mining copper, iron, and rarer metals from the foothills of the Fenwall Mountains, Baslwief provides enough competition with Janderhoff to keep prices of raw materials in Korvosa fair. Baslwief has a relatively small militia to defend it, and depends on the much more militaristic town of Melfesh for protection.
Although not a true inhabitant of the town, the cloud giant Seferin visits Baslwief every three years and challenges anyone to cook him the finest dish possible. The winning meal earns its chef a jewel the size of a chicken egg; runners' up receive platinum coins.
- Mike McArtor. (2008). Guide to Korvosa, p. 8. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-078-0
- Elaine Cunningham, with Dave Gross. (2010). Winter Witch, p. 152. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-286-9
- Mike McArtor. (2008). Guide to Korvosa, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-078-0
- Mike McArtor. (2008). Guide to Korvosa, p. Inside back cover. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-078-0
- James L. Sutter. (2007). Varisia. The Hook Mountain Massacre, p. 70. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-038-4
- Russ Taylor. (2012). Cloud Giant. Giants Revisited, p. 8. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-412-2