Ranging from the Porthmos Gap almost to Yanmass, the northern half of the mountains are vast, jagged and snow-capped and considered generally impassable; they are the section described as the World's Edge Mountains, when describing the two ranges individually.
The Southern Range runs from the Porthmos Gap south and into Qadira, and contains some of the tallest mountains on Golarion, crossed only by the dangerous Emperor's Pass on cloud-shrouded Emperor's Peak. Mount Kaltafarr, the tallest peak in Taldor, can be found in the Southern Range. Until recently, the Great White Wyrm, an ancient white dragon, threatened much of the region.
- Mount Antios, topped by Antios's Crown.
- Aroden's Eye
- Dalaston, a mining town.
- Kravenkus, a dwarven Sky Citadel.
- Maheto, a town known for its quality metalwork.
- Pergamon Pass, near the source of the Porthmos River.
- Pillars of Rovagug, the range's northernmost peaks.
- Thousand Relics Pass, near the source of the Falling River.
- Valley of the Azlanti, in the range's eastern foothills.
- Joshua J. Frost. (2009). Taldor, Echoes of Glory, p. 9. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-169-5
- Steve Kenson, Rob McCreary, Richard Pett, et al. (2010). Orcs of Golarion, p. 15. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-256-2
- Joshua J. Frost. (2009). Taldor, Echoes of Glory, p. 8-9. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-169-5
- Rob Lazzaretti. (2011). Inner Sea Poster Map Folio, Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- Keith Baker. (2009). Blood of Dragonscar, p. 3-4. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-170-1
- David Eitelbach, Russ Taylor, JD Wiker, Keri Wiker, and Hank Woon. (2009). Dwarves of Golarion, p. 8. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-204-3
- Joshua J. Frost. (2009). Taldor, Echoes of Glory, p. 4. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-169-5