Technically part of the Taldan Empire, the Whistling Plains (sometimes the Whistling Plain) are a vast grassland beginning on the eastern border of Taldor, that stretches from the borders of Galt in the north to the deserts of Qadira in the south, and then to the east, deep into the heart of the Padishah Empire of Kelesh. To its south, lie the Parchlands, an area of desert inhospitable even compared to the other deserts of southern Casmaron.
The plain is criss-crossed with dozens of old trade routes, used by nomadic tribes and merchants from far-flung regions, such as Vudra and the Keleshite empire. The land makes travel easy during the warmer seasons, but winter blizzards can make travel dangerous and difficult.
The plains are also home to a myriad of creatures including cockatrices, worgs, locusts, and bulettes. Bison are also common in the Taldan portion of the Whistling Plain. Lions live on the plains, including a breed of grisantian lions sired by the legendary grogrisant. A species of seed-eating weaverbirds, known as queleas, also live on the plains, congregating in large flocks. Overall, the land is wild and vast, although Taldan Horse stationed in the city of Yanmass patrol some of the land, ever watchful for highwaymen, or Keleshite aggression. A tribe of centaurs resides in the vicinity of Sardis Township, and occasionally trades with the settlement. Farther south, gnolls sometimes travel to the villages in the Headwater Gap.
- John Compton. (2016). What Grows Within. What Grows Within, p. 17. Paizo Inc.
- Joshua J. Frost. (2009). Taldor, Echoes of Glory, p. 9. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-169-5
- Joshua J. Frost. (2009). Taldor, Echoes of Glory, p. 5. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-169-5
- Mark Moreland. (2017). Taldor, the First Empire, p. 55. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-999-8
- Kate Baker, Jay Erickson, Tom Hansen, Aerick Lim, and Nathan Reinecke. (2018). Bestiary. The Six-Legend Soul, p. 86. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-052-1
- Mark Moreland. (2017). Taldor, the First Empire, p. 33. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-999-8
- Mark Moreland. (2017). Taldor, the First Empire, p. 38. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-999-8