|Class||Bard 8 / Fighter 4|
|Images of Shensen|
Source: NPC Guide, pg(s). 57
Shensen is a covert insurgent aiming to overturn the government of Cheliax by working undercover as a Chelish opera performer in the Kintargo Opera House, where she was to play the role of Aolar in the opera Huntress of Heroes.
Chuko, the tengu owner of the renowned War Cage, is a former adventuring companion of Shensen. They have long been friends, but no longer adventure together, as Chuko has lost interest in rebellion.
Shensen was born as a drow, and as a young child was brought to the Whisperwood by a band of her kind who perished in battle against a group of adventurers that included a Keleshite druid of Sarenrae named Izorah. Shensen was killed alongside the other drow by Izorah's magical fire, which the druid realized with shame when sorting through the aftermath of the battle. Izorah used her magic to reincarnate the child, who was reborn into the body of an aquatic half-elf. Izorah gave her her current name, and raised her as her daughter.
Shensen lived with Izorah until agents of House Thrune came to the grove where the two lived, petrifying Izorah and carrying away her body while Shensen hid. Shensen took up an adventuring life after this, traveling with a group of adventurers until they were forced to disband following a fire in Egorian. Shensen settled in Kintargo afterwards, becoming a popular singer at the Kintargo Opera House, but retained her opposition to the practices of House Thrune and her Sarenite faith. During her stay in Kintargo, she covertly infiltrated and spied on Chelish noble houses and organizations, served as a leading figure in Kintargo's underground worship of Sarenrae, and engaged regularly in the city's black market.
During the Night of Ashes, Shensen went missing as agents of House Thrune burned down the Silver Star, her shop and Sarenite shrine. Few know that she was captured by Barzillai Thrune and petrified by his cockatrices to be his trophy. After a group of heroes freed her from Barzillai's clutches, she became leader of the newly resurrected Silver Ravens. She has since spent her time organising rebellions across Cheliax, growing Sarenrae's faith in Kintargo, and establishing the city as a bastion of fine art and music.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Jesse Benner, Jason Nelson, Sean K. Reynolds, Owen K.C. Stephens, and Russ Taylor. (2011). Inner Sea Magic, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-360-6
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2010). NPC Guide, p. 57. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-219-7
- Crystal Frasier. (2015). In Hell's Bright Shadow. In Hell's Bright Shadow, p. 7. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-768-0
- Crystal Frasier. (2015). Kintargo. In Hell's Bright Shadow, p. 70. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-768-0
- James Jacobs. (2015). NPC Gallery. A Song of Silver, p. 67. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-795-6
- Richard Pett. (2015). Dance of the Damned. Dance of the Damned, p. 50. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-788-8
- Benjamin Bruck, John Compton, Crystal Frasier, et al. (2017). Adventurer's Guide, p. 171. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-938-7