(devil, evil, extraplanar, lawful)
Source: Book of the Damned, pg(s). 122
Malebranche are the least of the divinities of Hell. A malebranche is chosen every 5,000 years from the cornugon devils: the candidate will then undergo a painful transformation into a unique malebranche. These fiends are only ever transformed for a single reason: to lead the infernal legions in conquest of an entire Material Plane world†. Although malebranche are chosen to lead Hell's invasions, they do not always choose to achieve their victories through naked military might. Many of these devils are devious manipulators, who seek to corrupt a realm's defenders before unleashing their forces.
- In Pathfinder, singular and plural are the same.
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2009). Princes of Darkness, p. 33. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-189-3
- Robert Brookes et al. (2018). Planar Adventures, p. 192. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-044-6
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2009). Princes of Darkness, p. 51. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-189-3
- Wikipedia:Malebranche (Divine Comedy) (characters from Dante's Inferno)