|Titles|| Waybringer |
The Exiled Wyrm
Maker of All
|Home||Immortal Ambulatory (travelling demiplane)|
|Areas of Concern|| Good Dragons |
|Domains||Artifice, Good, Law, Scalykind, Travel|
|Subdomains||Archon, Construct, Dragon, Exploration, Judgment, Toil, Trade|
|Favored Weapon||Bite or quarterstaff|
|Symbol||Silver dragon above mirror or pool†|
|Sacred Colors||Metallic colors|
|Images of Apsu|
Source: Inner Sea Faiths, pg(s). 16-21
Apsu is the patron deity of all good and metallic dragons, and one of the oldest gods of the Great Beyond. Along with Tiamat, he is (at least according to draconic lore) believed to be one of the two original creator beings of the multiverse.
It is said that Apsu and Tiamat created the original gods. One of the first was Dahak, the destroyer. Apsu entered the Material Plane to battle Dahak, but was betrayed by Tiamat. This created a rift between metallic dragons and chromatic dragons. The battle between Apsu and Dahak still rages upon Golarion today. Apsu is also numbered among the divine creatures which fought in the battle to defend all of creation against Rovagug.
Church of Apsu
Unsurprisingly, most of Apsu's worshipers are metallic dragons, although some non-aligned draconic creatures such as primal dragons and wyverns worship him as well. Few dragons practice divine magic, preferring to leave that to their humanoid allies. As Apsu's prime purpose is the destruction of Dahak, few non-dragons take up his cause, although honourable humanoids with an interest in draconic lore have taken up his faith from time to time. They typically wear a gold dragon's foot brooch, or have other custom-made equipment in the shape of a dragon's foot. Apsu is more widely worshiped by humanoids on the planet Triaxus, where he is the patron deity of the Dragon Legion.
Brass dragons, gregarious in the extreme, generally fill the role as Apsu's servants and diplomats, although few of them could be considered particularly devout. Nevertheless, they always come when they are needed.
- Mike McArtor. (2007). Dragons of Golarion. Fortress of the Stone Giants, p. 61-62. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-039-1
- Sean K Reynolds. (2008). Gods and Magic, p. 52. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-139-8
- Mike McArtor. (2007). Dragons of Golarion. Fortress of the Stone Giants, p. 60. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-039-1
- Anson Caralya. (2007). Guardians of Dragonfall, Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-056-8
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 245. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Sean K Reynolds et al. (2014). Inner Sea Gods, p. 188. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-597-6
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 228. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Colin McComb. (2011). Faiths of Purity, p. 18. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-314-9
- Matthew Goodall. (2013). The Frozen Stars. The Frozen Stars, p. 22. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-495-5
- Mike McArtor. (2009). Dragons Revisited, p. 19. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-165-7