|Images of norns|
Source: Bestiary 3, pg(s). 202
Norns are hooded fey women who are always seen in groups of three and live almost exclusively to the Lands of the Linnorm Kings, but have also been seen in neighboring realms. They are often considered to be a single soul split into three bodies. A triumvirate, as a trio of norns is called, appears to act with a singular mind and speak in perfect unison, and the strength of all three seems dependent on the other two.
Norns deliver cryptic prophesies to lost travelers and questing heroes who encounter them along their journeys. These prophesies are often contingent on an inscrutable and subtle test of wisdom and determination imposed by the fey. These tests are mysterious, and those who survive sometimes do not realize that they have been tested.
The Ulfen king Ingimundr the Unruly of Bildt has advocated taking up the mantle of his forefathers, and resumed raids against the lands to the south and east. The norns have repeatedly cautioned against this.
In the Great Beyond
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 199. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 261. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Erik Mona and Jason Bulmahn. (2008). Gazetteer, p. 39. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-077-3
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 35. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Amanda Hamon Kunz. (2018). Dis. Distant Realms, p. 20. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-046-0
- Matt Duval. (2018). What Prestige is Worth, p. 18. Paizo Inc.