| Oni daimyo
(native, oni, shapechanger)
Source: Book of the Damned, pg(s). 126
Above even the mighty void yai oni, there exist the oni demigods—entities of nearly incomprehensible power known as the oni daimyo. Countless oni stalk the world, slaking their greed and bloodlust to the misery of humanoids. The great leaders among the oni, beings known as daimyo, are as numerous as the nations of the world, and all oni seek to climb the rungs of power to become such powerful entities.
Known oni daimyo
The following list includes oni daimyo powerful enough to be known and feared outside their own domains. Most of these nefarious oni command armies or control points through which other oni can enter the world.
- Akuma, the Horned King (ogre mage)
- Chimon, Hunter of Blood (ogre mage)
- Guyuku, the Sea Devil (water yai)
- Inma, Empress of the World (void yai)
- Muronna, the Dark Mother (ogre mage)
- Nataka, the Red King (fire yai)
- Onmyuza, Dancer in Flesh (ogre mage)
- Ushitora, Keeper of the Oni Gate (void yai)
- Uzumae, Daimyo of the North (kuwa)
- Yabu, Lord of the Kazan Caldera (fire yai)