|Featured articles||Featured media||Did you know?|
|• About featured articles||• About featured media||• About did you know|
|• Upcoming featured articles||• Upcoming featured media||• Upcoming did you know|
|• Past featured articles||• Past featured media||• Past did you know|
|• Nominate a featured article||• Nominate featured media||• Nominate did you know|
This is an archive of all Did You Know? articles in 2015.
- … that vegepymies worship a fungus-themed interpretation of Gozreh?
- … that town to Losthome is under the protection of Kalsgard, but not technically part of the Linnorm Kingdom of the Thanelands?
- … that Pangolais' Black Triune has been in place since the Age of Darkness?
- … that first-hand accounts of the city of Ird don't seem to exist?
- … that Quinn the investigator favours the subtlety of a sword cane?
- … that the Kaijitsu family maintains a villa in Magnimar?
- … that the Shining Sea is home to an aquatic variety of will-o'-wisps known as will-o'-the-deeps?
- … that the town of Hillcross is located in a ravine that is free of ice year round?
- … that Queen Ileosa Arabasti married King Eodred Arabasti II in 4704 AR?
- … that the Karcau Opera is one of the best art schools in the Inner Sea region?
- … that the Wardens of the Eye disbanded for a time in 4606 AR?
- … that the Deeptreasure Mining Company operates out of a series of secret bases scattered throughout the Bandu Hills?
- … that Merrymead, a holiday devoted to the honeyed brew, is marked every year on the second of Calistril?
- … that the Starstone Brewers travel the Inner Sea region to teach brewing techniques and rescue orphans?
- … that the titan-descended gigas are the first giants?
- … that half of Geezlebottle Hall in Korvosa's Theumanexus College is sized for halflings and gnomes?
- … that shrines to Gorum are typically an organized pile of rocks with a helmet or blade set atop?
- … that the Mosswood consists of mostly of redwood trees?
- … that Kobold Quarterly 14 features game statistics for Radovan?
- … that black holes feature centrally in the Dominion of the Black's "Banquet" ritual?
- … that the origins of the Shoanti people can be traced back over 10,000 years?
- … that Lake Ocota is the largest freshwater body of water in the Mwangi Expanse?
- … that the Seventh Church is adorned with a 10-foot limestone and sapphire statue?
- … that the Field of Concord was once a Chelish parade ground?
- … that gnomes first migrated from the First World during the Age of Anguish?
- … that a city of spriggans exists in the Mwangi Expanse named Elokolobha?
- … that the svirfneblin took up residence in Nar-Voth to counter the Court of Ether?
- … that the city of Omesta was taken over by gnomes during the elves' long absence?
- … that the keystone of the Arch of Aroden was given as a gift to Andoran by the gillmen?
- … that the Glorious Endeavour has been condemned by several major religions, including those of Desna, Erastil, Sarenrae, and Shelyn?
- … that the church of Asmodeus and local governments provide a free meal to all citizens on Loyalty Day?
- … that forest drakes normally live and hunt in small groups with the siblings they hatched with?
- … that you can learn a lot about a Varisian's ancestry by studying his or her colorful kapenia?
- … that the Varisian language is known for its subtle nuances and double-meanings that are perfect for innuendos?
- … that others see Varisians as swindlers and thieves, but this generally only true of the Sczarni?
- … that many Varisians have birth tattoos of identifiable shapes that transform as they age?
- … that Araneas typically gather in small colonies of two to six individuals?
- … that the Starwatch cannot enter Absalom without the permission of the First Guard?
- … that Droskar's Crag consists of two primary peaks known as the Hammer and the Anvil?
- … that the Grand Bridge of the Empire is 8,134 feet long?
- … that the iconic half-elf rogue Merisiel is a Calistrian?
- … that the Wasp Queens are a notorious all-woman band of elven-blooded Calistrian thieves?
- … that the secret Calistrian Order of Vengeance fights to reclaim Galt?
- … that a tale claims Cayden Cailean ascended to godhood after Calistria suggested no mortal could survive her charms?
- … that Desna is worshiped in Tian Xia as the Goddess of the North Star?
- … that the Song of the Spheres accidentally released the demigod Ghlaunder?
- … that unlike most other gods, Desna makes her home on the Material Plane?
- … that the goddess' herald, the Night Monarch, is shaped like a gigantic moth?
- … that Mendev launched the First Mendevian Crusade in 4622 AR?
- … that Mendevian Prelate Hulrun Shappok, leader of the nation's inquisitors, staged a series of witch-burnings?
- … that the Pathfinder Society has an undercover presence in Nerosyan?
- … that legends say the Lake of Mists and Veils is made of the sweat from a giant god?
- … that the Prophecies of Kalistrade are popular among refugees of Cheliax and Isger?
- … that, coincidentally, Druma's High Prophet Kelldor owns large swaths of Isger?
- … that dwarves of Peddlegate are renowned for being especially stubborn?
- … that members of Druma's military, the Mercenary League, are also called Blackjackets for their sleek uniforms?
- … that Triaxians have short white fur if born in their long winters, and dark skin if born in its summers, including those not born on Triaxus?
- … that Triaxus is home to many dragons and draconic-blooded Triaxians?
- … that Baba Yaga can speak the Triaxian language?
- … that the color of the chromatic dragons who rule Triaxus's Drakelands vary by season?
- … that there are two constellations named after gigas: Gigas Major and Gigas Minor?
- … that gigas were born from the footsteps of the titans as they trod through the Great Beyond?
- … that they are said to have created creatures of enormous size including rocs and immense vermin?
- … that Axis gigas are said to wait below the streets of the Eternal City?
- … that Outsea, a city designed for aquatic beings, has fresh- and salt-water districts?
- … that the merfolk settlement of Chosovosei lies at the bottom of an ocean trench?
- … that merfolk now inhabit some of the underwater ruins of Azlant?
- … that giant water yai take the forms of enormous merfolk in water?
- … that revelers mask their race and gender in Seven Veils masquerade balls?
- … that researchers and crafters launch projects on the Nethysian holiday of Transmutatum?
- … that celebrants of Cayden Cailean's Ascension Day drink hot alcoholic beverages?
- … that three very different holidays are marked on the winter solstice: Crystalhue, the Days of Wrath, and the Ritual of Stardust?
- … that the evil dragon deity Dahak joined the primeval battle against Rovagug?
- … that the malebranche Draghignazzo is a devil-dragon who longs for Hell?
- … that Ragadahn claims to be father of all linnorms—a heresy among followers of Apsu?
- … that the serpent cult of Apep and whore queen Ardad Lili both offer powers of the dragon subdomain?
- … that Gallowspire has been the Whispering Tyrant's prison for more than 900 years?
- … that Hollow Mountain contains a vast network of Thassilonian ruins?
- … that the Pyramid of Kamaria is home to a cult of Rovagug?
- … that the Technic League would kill outsiders who own a copy of A Thread of Silver, which describes the Silver Mount?